Google SEO Tips and SEO Tricks
Enter just the word http for your search to find the top 1000 PageRanked sites.
Enter only www in your search to see how Google ranks the top 1,000 sites.
Manually type the following prefixes and note their utility:
- link:url Shows other pages with links to that url.
- related:url same as "what's related" on serps.
- site:domain restricts search results to the given domain.
- allinurl: shows only pages with all terms in the url.
- allintitle: shows only results with terms in title.
- intitle: similar to allintitle, but only for the next word. "intitle:seoforgoogle google" finds only pages with seoforgoogle in the title, and google anywhere on the page.
- cache:url will show the Google version of the passed url.
- info:url will show a page containing links to related searches, backlinks, and pages containing the url. This is the same as typing the url into the search box.
- spell: will spell check your query and search for it.
- stocks: will lookup the search query in a stock index.
- filetype: will restrict searches to that filetype. "-filetype:pdf" to remove Adobe PDF files.
- daterange: is supported in Julian date format only. 2452384 is an example of a Julian date.
- maps: If you enter a street address, a link to Yahoo Maps and to MapBlast will be presented.
- phone: enter anything that looks like a phone number to have a name and address displayed. Same is true for something that looks like an address (include a name and zip code)
- site:www.somesite.net "+www.somesite.+net" - (tells you how many pages of your site are indexed by google)
- allintext: searches only within text of pages, but not in the links or page title
- allinlinks: searches only within links, not text or title.